It was narrated that ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar (رضي الله عنه) said: “The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) turned to us and said:
‘O Muhajirin, there are five things with which you will be tested, and I seek refuge with Allah lest you live to see them:
– Al-Fahishah (immorality, unlawful sexual intercourse such as adultery and fornication) never appears among a people to such an extent that they commit it openly, but plagues and diseases that were never known among the predecessors will spread among them.
– They do not cheat in weights and measures but they will be stricken with famine, severe calamity and the oppression of their rulers.
– They do not withhold the Zakah of their wealth, but rain will be withheld from the sky, and were it not for the animals, no rain would fall on them.
– They do not break their covenant with Allah and His Messenger, but Allah will enable their enemies to overpower them and take some of what is in their hands.
– Unless their leaders rule according to the Book of Allah and seek all good from that which Allah has revealed, Allah will cause them to fight one another.'”
Sunan Ibn Majah, Volume 5, The Chapters on Tribulations, Chapter 22. Punishments, Hadith No. 4019, Sahih.