Lesson 43 on the explanation of Aqeedah at-Tahaawiyyah is available. Please listen to it here or download it:
A nice recap of the points covered in all the previous lessons relating to Qadr and Qadaa was given. This included:
* The linguistic meanings of Qadr and Qadaa as well as the differences between the two.
* The benefits of believing in Allaah’s all-encompassing knowledge of all matters.
* The origins or causes that lead to the misguidance of those sects that went astray in their understanding of Qadr.
* The correct understanding of various concepts and terms such as causality, asbaab (ways and means) and al-Qasab (the belief that a man earns his deeds).
* A clarification of what is meant by guidance (hidaya) and misguidance (idlaal).
* The five levels of the Kitaabah (the Writing).
Then the following statements of Imaam at-Tahawi (rahimahullah) were explained:
“And Pre-Decree (al-Qadr) is fundamentally the secret of Allaah, the Most High, within His creation.
Knowledge of it is not acquired by an angel drawn near, nor any Prophet sent.
And delving deeply into it and looking into that leads to frustration and disappointment and is a ladder leading to deprivation and is the level of arrogance.”
NOTE: Previous lessons are available here: