Whoever follows this methodology acquires many distinct benefits. Some of these are:
1. It is a means of safeguarding oneself from differing.
2. It is a means of eliminating sectarianism.
3. It is a means of guidance which prevents misguidance.
4. Ascribing to it carries the nobility of ascribing oneself to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم).
5. By following this methodology we avoid the various paths of the Shaytan.
6. By following this methodology the Muslims remove themselves from lowliness and disgrace.
7. Applying it helps us to understand the sickness and the cure.
8. Through its application all of the legislation of Allah can be applied.
9. With it an individual can achieve righteousness and good character.
10. With it the Muslims can save themselves from the severe torment of the Fire.
11. Through its implementation the Muslims can enter Paradise.
12. Applying it involves reviving the Sunnah.
Any one of these benefits is sufficient by itself to establish the obligation of following this methodology by virtue of the principle that states whatever is required to establish an obligation is an obligation in itself, not to mention the issues of its significance and importance.
Source: The Salafi Methodology – Its Definition, Distinct Characeristics and Call towards Rectification, The Noble Shaykh Dr. Muhammad Ibn ‘Umar Bazmul, 2010, Sunnah Publishing, p.45